Creating An ‘Auto Loan’ Case
- Navigate to Case Setup > Case Types and click on the New Case Type button
Enter Auto Loan as the Case Type Name. The Code field will be auto-populated using the Name field subtracting dash (-) and any spaces or special characters, it also changes to uppercase.
You can override Code Value (ensuring no spaces or special characters are used). Code Value cannot be changed after saving
- Type ‘car’ in the Icon field and select the automobile car icon as a pictorial representation of our Case Type.
- Add some additional styling to the icon that represents the Case Type by choosing the alternative Color code B51A2E. You can use the palette to change the color.
- Create the Resolution Codes for the Case Type. Case Resolution Codes appear as a list of drop-down values that the caseworker can select when closing a Case to indicate what the outcome was.
- Add the Case Resolution Codes identified in Reviewing the GBank Auto Loan Case Scenario chapter by clicking on the plus icon.
- Name: Approved ✅ | Icon: thumbs-up 👍 | Color Theme: Green
- Name: Not Approved❌ | Icon: thumbs-down 👎 | Color Theme: Red
- Type Auto Loan Application Process for GBank as the Description of the Case Type. This is particularly useful for Case Workers when several Case Type options are available when first creating a Case, so your description helps explain when to use this type.
- Select Major as the Default Priority. When a case of this type is created, it automatically will be assigned this priority. Note the caseworker can override this at the execution time for case creation.
- Leave Procedure blank by default. When you leave the Procedures fields blank, the system will automatically create it and link it accordingly.
- Ensure the Data Model checkbox is selected to use the Master Data Management feature in further steps.
- Leave Custom Processing and Document Management Defaults sections blank by default. DO NOT change anything here for now.
- Check your screen with the following image and select Save when done.
If there are no errors in the process of creating the Case Type, you will see the following summary screen after a short amount of time.
- Click on the Milestone Diagram link (Auto Loan) to validate that in the process of creation of a Case Type the default Milestone diagram is also created. You can modify this milestone definition later.
- Close this window
- Click on the Procedure link (Auto Loan) to see that in the process of creation of a Case Type the Procedure is created. The default procedure will be empty. Close the window.
- Finally click on the Data Model link (Auto Loan) to see that in the process of creating a Case Type, the Data Model is also created with two elements: Case and the Business Object Auto Loan. We will add more elements to the Data Model in the next steps.