The Standard Form Builder is designed to help administrators to develop single 'self-contained' forms that have no explicit links to the underlying data model and instead hold the field definitions/values as XML in a single DCM table.
Configuring the Bank Account Form
- Navigate to Setup (1) -> Master Data Management → Data Models (2), select the AUTO_LOAN Data Model (3), and open it.
Click on the Forms tab.
Notice that now we have three forms: Auto Loan, Bank Account, and Employer.
- Open the form for Bank Account.
Recognize that DCM automatically creates the fields in the form for the Attributes we inserted in the previous steps.
- Click on the title of Bank Account info and change the Title to ‘Applicant Bank Account’, Check the Use on Create checkbox, select ‘Blue’ for the Theme properties.
- Save your changes.
- Select the Bank Name field and unselect the Allow Blank checkbox.
- Select the Account Number field and unselect the Allow Blank and Is Decimal checkboxes.
- Save your changes
- Do a Preview of the form. Validate the format of the fields and also validate that the form is not available in the Create context.
We can add to the form other fields than the ones automatically added by AppBase like Modified Date or Modified By.
- Drag and drop a Simple Row below the Bank Account.
- Add the Modified By and Modified Date fields to the new Row from the Business Object fields.
- Do a Preview and validate that the newly added fields are visible in the Detail Context and notice that is Read Only.
By default, these fields are read-only because they are System fields managed by AppBase.
- Close the Preview.
- Save the form
- Close Form Builder.
Configuring the Employer Form
To create a new Employer Info form that can be associated with a Case, Task, or Party object, follow the next steps.
- Navigate to Setup -> Master Data Management -> Data Models, select the Forms tab and then select the form associated with the Employer object.
- In the Form Builder tab, select the Name field and change the Label Align to Top.
- For the SampleDate and SampleInt fields change the Label Align to Left.
- Click the button View Source
- Copy and paste the line
“labelAlign": "left"under the line
“code”in the rest of the fields.
- Save the changes.
- Change the following properties to the field SampleNumber:
- Max Width=250
- Label Style= color:blue
- Field Style= background:lightgray
You can add other Style codes like in this example we use
color:blue. For more advanced style configurations use the Style or Custom JS Config fields.
- Save the form