In the context of AppBase, a reusable object refers to a software component that encapsulates a specific functionality or set of functionalities and can be reused across different applications.
Reusable objects in AppBase are designed to provide developers with a way to create modular and scalable applications. Instead of writing code from scratch each time an application needs a certain functionality, developers can reuse and modify existing components. This helps to reduce development time and ensures consistency across applications.
Reusable objects in AppBase can take various forms, including data models, user interface components, business rules, integrations with external systems, and more. These objects can be created and managed within the platform's development environment and easily imported and exported between different applications.
A Reusable Object is a Business Object that was created to be used in one or more MDM models. The Reusable Object can be added to our model and the content (value) could be updated because is full CRUD compatible.
To use a Reusable Object it MUST be deployed in advance.
- Navigate to Setup -> Master Data Management -> Reusable Objects (1).
- Click the plus button (2) to add the new Reusable Object.
- Enter Employer for the Name and select the SMPL_testTable from the Table or View dropdown list (3)
- Save the new object.
Go to the Auto Loan Data Model and add the new Employer Reusable Object to the Auto Loan BO.
If you don’t see the new employer reusable object, refresh the list using the whirlpool icon.
- Save the model
- Run an Advanced Deploy.
- Check the status of the model after the deployment.
You will see the new BO and the new Relationship with the Auto Loan.
- In the next step, we will add these new objects (Bank Account and Employer) to the Auto Loan form and customize them.