The External Party object stores details on any person external to the business associated with the system in the capacity of initiating or participating in a Case. Using a single object allows a person entered as an External Party to act in different capacities without re-entering that person’s information. For example, the business may deal with complaints from the general public; therefore, the DCM has a Case Type of Complaint. The initiating party would be known as a Complainant, so we would create this Party Type to link to the Complaint. Information such as names, addresses, contact details, and so forth would be captured.
- Navigate to External Parties → External Party Types (1).
- Click the Add New button, the green plus button at the left (2).
Enter a Name for the External Party (3) and the Code will auto-populate in uppercase and minus any spaces or special characters.
Note you can override the Code, but please ensure that no spaces or special characters are used.
- Enter a Description of the Party Type that explains the type of persona.
- If required, select the When Retrieving business rule to execute when a caseworker opens a record of this Party Type.
- If required to remove/not show this External Party type from the left-hand navigation menu at the run time, check the Hide in the Navigation Menu.
- Click Save when done (or Cancel if you wish to exit without saving).