Eccentex AppBase provides the capability to create a Generic MDM (Master Data Management) Detail Page, which is a customizable user interface component used to display and manage detailed information about a specific master data record.
Here's an overview of creating a Generic MDM Detail Page in Eccentex AppBase:
- Data Model Configuration: Before creating the Detail Page, you need to define the data model for your MDM records. This involves creating the necessary business objects, attributes, relationships, and validations that represent your master data structure.
- Page Designer: AppBase offers a visual Page Designer tool that allows you to design and customize the user interface. To create a Generic MDM Detail Page, you can start by selecting or creating a new page layout specifically tailored for the MDM records.
- Data Binding: Once you have the page layout, you need to bind the layout components to the corresponding attributes of the MDM record. This involves mapping the attributes defined in your data model to the appropriate input fields, labels, or display elements on the Detail Page.
- Display Controls: AppBase provides a variety of display controls that you can use to present the MDM record information in a user-friendly manner. These controls include text fields, dropdown lists, checkboxes, date pickers, and more. You can choose the appropriate controls based on the data type and purpose of each attribute.
- Relationships and Related Data: If your MDM records have relationships with other business objects, you can incorporate related data into the Detail Page. This can include displaying associated records, allowing navigation to related records, or providing summary information about the related data.
- Actions and Workflows: AppBase allows you to define actions or workflows that can be triggered from the Detail Page. These actions can include editing the record, deleting it, initiating specific processes, or invoking custom business logic. You can configure buttons or links on the page to initiate these actions.
- Security and Permissions: It is important to consider security and permissions when creating a Generic MDM Detail Page. AppBase provides granular access control mechanisms, allowing you to define who can view, edit, or perform specific actions on the MDM records.
- Testing and Deployment: Once you have designed and configured the Generic MDM Detail Page, you can preview and test its functionality within the AppBase environment. Once you are satisfied with the results, you can deploy the page to make it available for end-users to interact with and manage the detailed information of the MDM records.
Creating a Generic MDM Detail Page in Eccentex AppBase provides a flexible and customizable solution for presenting and managing master data. It allows you to tailor the user interface to the specific needs of your organization and provides a seamless experience for users working with detailed MDM records.
- Navigate to Setup → Forms and Pages → Detail Page and click the New Page plus button.
- In the pop-up window, insert a Name for the detail page, select Generic Model for the Used For, and select the Generic Model. In our example, Car Vendors.
- After saving, the new detail page is opened in the Detaill Page Builder. In our example, we added the Maker Name to the Summary section and the button bar.
- Save the page.
- Click the Publish layout cache play button to clean the cache and make changes to the detail pages(s) available.
- Return to the Data Model and add the new detail page as default.
- On the Custom Pages tab, select the detail page from the dropdown list. In our example, the Car Vendors.
- The final view of the detail page will be like