This article contains information on automatically creating a new environment in AppBase.
An everyday use for Automatic Environment creation is either an AppBase Cloud installation or a developer AppBase installation when a DBA user is available for the developer database.
These instructions are valid for AppBase v7.1 R2
- On the top right, navigate to → Solutions
- Click on the New Solution button.
- In the General properties section add a Solution Name, and a Description.
- Select an icon from the Solution Icon Css dropdown list and pick a color for the icon from the Solution Icon Color pallet.
- In the Create Environment section, check the Automatically create an environment for this solution option and select the Environment Type for your solution (Production, QA, Staging, Development).
- Edit the Environment Name if you want a more descriptive one. The Domain will be generated based on the Environment Name defined. For example: if the Environment Name is set as
New Solution Dev, the Domain name will be
- In the API information section leave the API Permanent ID as default, the same as the name of the solution.
- Proceed with the solution creation by clicking the Save button. The new solution will be created and after the solution is created a new environment will be created.
- Click the Go Back button. After a couple of minutes, refresh the view to check if the environment is ready and active, you will see a green check icon under the Status column.
- Click on the newly created solution link, select the Environment Details tab and check the message for Status is Ready and active.
- Notice that the Deployed Version says Not deployed, that means that there is no solution deployed yet. Install a new DCM solution following the instructions in the article Installing a DCM Solution.