Usually, all projects are developed in an environment that by its definition becomes the project's development environment. Once the solution has some functionality that is ready to be tested or shown to the customer it is recommended to install a copy of the solution in other Test/QA/Staging environments. The recommendation is to do this as early as possible, ideally at the end of the first development sprint, in order to get the well-tested process of copied solution configuration from one environment to another.
In general, this process will consist of the following steps:
- Prepare the installation package. See details in 24. Backing Up DCM Solutions
- Create a new AppBase Solution and its environment if needed.
- Execute the following solution installation instructions:
Import AppBase Solution Export File
In System Setup -> Solutions, import the AppBase solution (the DCM_solution.ZIP file saved in the previous chapter).
Navigate to Application Studio -> Deployment Management -> Advanced Deployment, and run the deployment of the new imported AppBase solution.
- If there are no errors, go to the next step.
Initialize the DCM Solution
- Navigate to Setup > Advanced Setup > Maintenance, run the initialize process for the new solution.
- After a couple of minutes, you will see the status change from Not Initialized to Initialized. Now the new solution is ready to import your runtime solution configuration.
Import Solution Runtime File (DEXP)
From the Data Export/Import Menu section (1), click on the Import From File button (2).
Unselect the ‘Create Backup’ option and browse for the file created in 24. Backing Up DCM Solutions step.
Perform Environment-Related Configurations
Setting up users, configuring integrations, setting up correct environment variables, security objects (Business Roles, Teams, Skills, and Grouped Workbaskets)
- Navigate to Setup -> Export/Import -> import Board (2)
- Click the magnifier glass icon and select the source export file obtained in the 24. Backing Up DCM Solutions chapter.
- Click the Import button (3) and wait for the import to finish.
- When the import finish you will see a new record under the Import Log view. Click the last import record an see the details on the right window.