How To Use the Dictionary Import
Custom Dictionaries are used by legacy forms or MDM models via a Reference Object ().
Dictionaries are not migrated via the standard DCM settings for export/import (DEXP), but DCM has the ability to export/import custom dictionaries by a selected category.
- On the source solution, select the category (3) to be exported, click the Download Excel Template button (4), . In this example, we selected the Country category (3).
- The MS Excel file will be downloaded to the local disc using a name pattern like DICTIONARY_CATEGORY.xlsx. In this example the file name is Dictionary_Country.xlsx.
- On the destination solution, create the category to be imported or select an existing one where the values will be added (1).
- Click the Import Excel button (2), select the file and after a couple of seconds, the category content will be updated showing the newly added values. In our example, we selected the category Country_List which was empty.
This action can not be undone. Be careful selecting the right category before start importing the values.
- Export works for the category that is selected in the source solution. So, you can only migrate one data category at a time from the source to the destination solution.
- Import doesn't delete or update any records in a target solution.
- Import doesn't create the category. You must add the category in the destination solution manually before running the import.