16. Debugging DCM Solutions
Each rule executed by the DCM - in this instance mostly any custom rules - is passed to an underlying AppBase service that is then queued to be executed. The Queue Monitor shows all the rules executed by the DCM, whether the rule was executed successfully, and the date it ran.
When opening the queue monitor page, a list of services and events that have either been successfully or unsuccessfully completed will be presented. Additionally, it is also possible to inject a job manually by adding the name of the rule and any parameters for the system to process it.
If you haven’t received any email in the state Email Decision you can check the status of the execution of the rule.
- Navigate to Setup (1) → Monitoring (2) → Queue Monitor (3) and expand (4) the row for the rule.
- Check the right column of the screen to validate there is an error code and if so, check the error message.
- The left column shows additional information about a record.
This will present a sub-row that provides details of the inputs of the call. This detailed information is helpful to assist in the troubleshooting process. The example below shows a job that was executed successfully.
- Set a faster time to execute the refresh of the list per the steps below, click on the Start Auto Refresh Time button.
- The refresh of the list of rules queued will occur at a faster rate. To stop this process, click the Stop Timer
- Select the Delete All With No Error button to remove all the completed jobs which have no errors shown in the Queue Monitor. The processed transactions will be cleared from the monitoring queue.
- To limit the number of Cases in the list - or to open a specific Case - use the Search pane on the right side. Select Auto Loan from Case Type and Auto Loan - In Process from Milestone to look up a particular Case.
- If would like to try to send the email again using the same case under Monitoring, select Case Monitor and Quick Modify the case you want to re-run.
- Select the Target Milestone, and Save.