Many reports will require one or more parameters that help the user to filter the results they get back from the report. For example, records between a certain date range or a text field in the record that matches a value set by the user when running the report. The following steps illustrate various ways of setting report parameters.
Validate Attribute Types Definition
- On the top right, navigate to Application Studio → <<Solution>> →
- Navigate to Resources - Solution Resources
Select the Rules - RPT folder. Here you'll see five (5) rules that are used to obtain the data for those parameters.
Contact the Administrator if you don't see any rule deployed.
- Navigate to Data Management → Attribute Types
Filter for RPRT. Here you'll see five (5) Attribute Types that are used as the parameter type when configuring the iReport parameters.
Each Parameter Type is related to a rule. Open the RPRT_lookupPriority for example, and check how it this is related to the RPRT_lookupPriority rule.
Use Attribute Types for the Parameter Type
The next step is to configure the iReport parameters to use new the Attribute Types.
- Navigate to Reporting → Categories (1)
- Select a report (2) and click on the Parameters tab (3).
- Edit the Priority parameter Type and change it from Text to RPRT_lookupPriority.
- Close the window.
- After this modification on the Parameter Type, you need to run a Deploy.
- After the Deploy, validate in the Report Viewer if the parameter is fetching the right data. In the following example, we check the Case Type parameter.